I’ll be doing a couple of presentations at Indiana University this week, visiting with my friend Dr. Mike Conway. I’ll be speaking in his Vis Comm lecture about Multimedia Journalism and here are some of the links I will be addressing (so I can easily access during my pres).
- Marathon Stories
- A People Torn, Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Ivory Wars, National Geographic
- Rent vs. Buy, NY Times
- Being a Black Man, Washington Post
- Economy Word Train, NY Times
- History of Las Vegas, Las Vegas Sun
- On Being, Washington Post
- Geography of a Recession, NY Times
- Age of Uncertainty, Roanoke Times
Then I’ll be talking to faculty about Using Social Media in the Classroom. Here are some of the links from that presentation:
- TX State Mass Comm Week Blog
- South By Texas State Blog
- Many Eyes
- Knight Citizen News Center Freebies List
My third presentation will be more of a discussion with some graduate students on Friday. The topics we will cover will be trends in online journalism (mainly discuss trends at the NY Times to engage data), social media and journalism (@statesman & @coloneltribune), as well as using social media to create a personal brand. I’ll talk about some of my own personal projects and blogs, and my use of Twitter. Some of the links I will probably address can be found on my delicious site.
I’m looking forward to a fun trip to Bloomington!